Thru Hike Photos

Monday, March 1, 2010

Roadtrip to the AT 2/2

Said goodbye to the Weyrauch's at 7:15 AM and headed west towards Harpers Ferry, which happens to be the token halfway point of the Appalachian Trail.  We even saw a sign calling out the trail intersection and the trail itself, peppered with the "white blaze" marks that guide one along it. How wild is this... In a single 11 hour drive, the ol' man and I were able to drive half the length of the Appalachian Trail.

We made great time once again.  Stopped for lunch at a kickass BBQ joint, the Due South BBQ in Christiansburg, VA.  Here's the rig out front.  We cruised into Gainesville, GA around 6.  After a couple beers and some pizza I am packing up a couple last minute items and pops is watching a Family Guy marathon.

Tomorrow, we are out to breakfast and off to Amicalola.  I am thinking I'll be on the trail by 10 AM.  YES YES I KNOW.  My countdown was showing that I started the trail at midnight.... my astute cousins and ball-busting dad called me out on it.  Anyway.... no need for the countdown!  It's here baby.

Nate

2 comments:

  1. It's here but WHERE IS NATE @?! Oh boy, the whining begins for real.

    ReplyDelete